New Lisbon High School (or NLHS) is a high school in New Lisbon, Juneau County, Wisconsin, United States. It is part of the School District of New Lisbon. The district serves students residing in the City of New Lisbon, Village of Hustler, and the towns of Clearfield, Cutler, Fountain, Germantown, Lisbon, Orange, Clifton, and Oakdale. The school is a member of the Scenic Bluffs Conference and the mascot is the Rockets.
The first school was built in 1858, with the first frame building built in 1860. NLHS was accredited by the state in 1877. The first class to graduate was in 1878, with two students. Students moved into a three-story red brick building in 1901. On March 4, 1907, the high school burned to the ground. An overheated furnace was blamed for the fire. Until a new school was built, classes were held in churches around New Lisbon. A new high school was built in 1908, which also housed the Juneau County Teachers College (Juneau County Normal School). The teachers college dissolved in the 1960s. The current building was erected in the early 1970s with additions to the building completed in 1989 and 2000.
alumni HALL OF FAME
- Marc Andreessen class of 1989, co-founder of Netscape Communications Corp and Mosaic
- Linda Balgord, class of 1976, Broadway actress, Cats (Grizabella)
- William H. Barnes, Wisconsin State Representative
- John M. Barlow, Wisconsin State Representative
- William H. H. Cash, Wisconsin State Representative
- Truman Lowe, class of 1962, sculptor
- H. J. Mortensen, Wisconsin State Representative
- Henry F. C. Nichols, Wisconsin State Representative
- Harry E. Siman, class of 1888, member of the Nebraska State Senate
- Brian Slater, 4 Time WIAA Wisconsin State Wrestling Champion, 1993-1996
- Kurtwood Smith, actor, most notably played Red Forman on That '70s Show
- Jarrod Washburn, former MLB pitcher
- Dwight A. York, Wisconsin State Representative, was born in New Lisbon