Cell Phone Usage
Cell phones and personal electronic devices will NOT be allowed to interfere with the educational process:
1. Students are allowed to use these devices before and after school, during passing times, and during lunch. Personal communication devices are NOT to interfere with academic instruction time.
2. All personal communication devices are the responsibility of the individual student.
3. The School District of New Lisbon is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal communication devices.
4. Cell phones, iPods, etc. are not permitted in classroom unless the classroom teacher approves it.
5. Students are not allowed to take pictures on school grounds without the express permission or supervision of a staff member.
6. Portable music devices without other communication capabilties may be allowed in the classroom at the discretion of the teacher.
NOTE: Refusal to give up your cell phone or personal electronic device upon request will be considered insubordination and will be grounds for further disciple including detention, in-school suspension, or out of school suspension.
Any student found violating this policy will surrender the device and be subject to disciplinary action, which includes:
1st Offense: Results in device confiscation until the end ot the day AND a parent/guardian will be contacted .
2nd Offense: Results in device confiscation and a parent/guardian will be required to personally come to the office to claim the device.
3rd Offense: Results in device confiscation and the device will be kept in the office for 15 days at the beginning of each school day.
PROHIBITED USE OF EQUIPMENT CAPABLE OF STORING, RECORDING OR SENDING PICTURES IN ANY FORMAT
The use of any audio and/or video equipment such as, but not limited to, print cameras, picture phones, and video cameras capable of storing, recording, or sending pictures in any format are prohibited in all school locations where there is an expectation of privacy, such as locker rooms or bathrooms. This covers all such locations in district buildings or those under its control. Person in violation of this policy are subject to disciplinary action including suspension, expulsion, or dismissal. A referral to the police may be made for consideration of legal proceedings.